Anoor R. Anantha Krishna Sharma was born in Bangalore, a city with rich cultural heritage, to a family of great musicians. He is considered as an eminent percussionist (Mridangam) in the whole of India. His great grandfather Vidwan late Subaraya Shastri and his grand father Vidwan late Anoor Shamanna were fine veena artists. His father Ganakala Bhushana Vidwan late Anoor S. Ramakrishna was a well-known violinist and an eminent teacher too in the Dept. of Music of Bangalore University.
He was initiated to learn Mridangam by Vidwan R. A. Rajagopal, who was a highly accomplished Mridangam / Ghatam artist and a senior staff of All India Radio, Bangalore.
Drawing on his long concert career from an early age of fifteen and a number of significant encounters with other great musicians, Anantha Krishna Sharma is known for his own style.
As an accompanying artiste, he has performed with many renowned artistes such as
Dr. R.K.Srikantan, Dr. M. Balamurali Krishna, M. L. Vasantha Kumari, VedaValli, T. V. Gopalakrishnan, Dr. N. Ramani, K.S. Gopalakrishnan, B.N. Suresh, Violin Trio of H.V.Krishnamurthy, Anoor Ramakrishna, A. Veerabhadraiah, Lalgudi G. Jayaraman, M. S. Gopalakrisnan, Sudha Raghunathan, T. V. Shankaranarayana, Bombay Sisters, Madurai T. N. Sheshagopalan, Trichur V. Ramachandran, Dr. S.Ramanathan, Sanjay Subramanyam, Unnikrishna, T.M. Krishna, Maharajapuram Santanam, T. R. Subrahmanyam, Vijaysiva, Neyveli Santanagopalan, Rajkumar Bharathi, M.S. Sheela, R.K. Padmanabha, D.V. Nagarajan, Nagavalli Nagaraj, Usha Char (USA), Sukanya Prabhakar, Nagamani Srinath, S. Shankar, Bombay Jayashree, Charumathi Ramachandran, S. Sowmya, O. S. Thyagarajan, A. K. C. Natarajan, R.A. Ramamani, Prof. T.N. Krishnan, R.R. Keshavamurthy, Ganesh / Kumaresh, Mysore Nagaraj / Manjunath, T.R. Srinath, Dr. Doraiswamy Iyengar, Chitraveena Ravikiran, U. Srinivas, Kadri Gopalanath and many more.
As an accompanying artiste, Anantha Krishna Sharma has toured all over the globe and has gained an international repute of his own. His overseas performances include
- 1989 – European countries such as Germany, Netherlands, Italy and Switzerland.
- 1996 – USA, accompanying Vidushi M.S.Sheela
- 1998 – UK, Composing & Performing for Dance Ballet's under Chitralekha Company
- 1999 – USA, accompanying Dr. Suma Sudhindra and with the Jugalbandi of Vidushi Shyamala G. Bhave and Vidushi Nagamani Srinath.
- 2000 – United Kingdom and Belgium for the East-West fusion with Strings of Gufia (London) and Led a percussion Group to Hanover for a performance.
- 2002 – Germany, accompanying Vidwan Ganesh / Kumaresh for Asia Pacific Festival
- 2003 – Amsterdam, for Solo Performance
- 2004 – Australia, accompanying Vidushi M. S. Sheela
- 2004 – USA, accompanying Vidushi M.S. Sheela and Vidushi R.A. Ramamani
- 2004 – USA for AKKA conference
- 2005 – Amsterdam for a performance for Karnatic Lab, Amsterdam
- 2005 – Amsterdam for a performance with a fusion troupe and to give concerts for Karnatic Lab, Amsterdam.
- 2006 – USA for AKKA conference
- 2007 – Amsterdam for performance with Iranian, Turkish, Afghan and Spanish Musicians called EthnoRhythmics
- 2007 – USA Directing a Jugalbandi team with Vidwan Pranesh and Vidwan Praveen Gotkhindi called "Ganga Kaveri" and gave concerts all over USA.
- 2008 – USA, accompanying Vidushi M.S. Sheela
Anantha Krishna Sharma besides being a prolific Mridangam artist also can play other percussion instruments such as Dolu (Thavil), Tabla, Pakhawaj with the same felicity and with ease. He is also a good Vocalist and a Composer. His talent has been tapped for other non-classical forms of music like light music, film music, folk and devotional, even for ballet and audio cassettes and CD's.
He has composed music for many orchestrations and ensembles. His compositions have been regarded as highly imaginative, aesthetically appealing and encompass an amazing complexity and intricacy of rhythm blended in the musical notes. Some of his orchestrations are
Composed music for balled titled "Kaishika", which was staged in UK in February 1995
Composed music and intricate patterns which blend with the compositions for an ensemble for Percussive Arts Centre, "VRUSHTI". Composed music for a unique composition called "Panchajanya" with 5 different Ragas and Nadais with interesting rhythmic notations.
Composed rhythmic patterns for an ensemble of Sri Ayyanar College of Music, "LayaLahari".
Composed and Directed an ensemble containing 25 different instruments with a very special rhythmic notations on the occasion of 25th year of Thalavadyotsav, a percussion festival organized by Percussive Arts Centre
Composed and directed a "Folk Ensemble" containing only folk instruments with varied folk patterns knit together.
Directed many orchestrations in which renowned musicians like Dr. R. K. Srikantan, M. S. Sheela, Dr. Suma Sudhindra and many more have performed.
Composed some interesting "Thillanas" which is released in a CD sung by Vidushi M. S. Sheela
Composed music for Sanskrit Verses on Hindu GOD's. Produced & Released by "Roots Music" for 53 albums.
Anantha Krishna Sharma is considered as one of the most sought after GURU's in the field of music (vocal or percussion). He has been imparting training to many students, who are in various stages of their career with some of them budding to matured and popular artists. Seasoned artists of repute from Hindustani Classical Music also come to him to get guidance and advanced coaching.
He has got many merits and awards in recognition to his outstanding contributions in the field of Karnatic Classical Music such as
- "Best Mridangam Artist" in 1981 by Gayana Samaja
- "Laya Kala Prathibhamani" Title and Vidwan H. Puttachar Memorial award by Percussive Arts Centre in 2000
- "Best Mridangam Artist" in 1996 from Madras Music Academy
- "Nada Jyothi" in 2003 by Sri Nada Jyothi Sangeetha Sabha
- "Nada Laya Samrat" in 2003 by Sri Ramakrishna Bhajana Sabha
- "Nada Chintamani" in 2005 by Chintamani Sangeetha Sabha
- "Ganakala Shri" in 2005 by Karnataka Ganakala Parishat
- Felicitated by "Asthana Sangithya" in 2007
- "Purandaradasa Prashasti" in 2009 by Rajarajeshwari Kalaniketan Trust
- Felicitated by "Hamsadhwani Creations" in 2009
- "Asthana Vidwan" of Sri Kanchi Mutt in 2010 by Sri Kanchi Mutt
Resident of : Mysore
12 Cool Hidden Features Of iOS 7January, 2014
Coldplay: Mylo XylotoJanuary, 2014
What Should Be In A Pitch Deck?January, 2014